In order to reach its goal of preventing the misuse of opiates, the Opiate Task Force has come up with six key strategies.
1. Educate the community about opiate abuse, including the symptoms of opiate abuse.
2. Create awareness of the existing prevention resources in the community. See county preventions activities.
3. Educate prescribers about the dangers of opioid prescriptions.
4. Increase knowledge and availability of prescription drug drop boxes.
5. Advocate for more school-based prevention funding.
6. Increasing the understanding of addiction to lessen stigma and dispel myths.
Clermont County Crisis Hotline: 513.528.SAVE (7283)